Job Vacancy: Farm Manager for jojoba and castor oil plantations
- Responsible for managing jojoba and castor oil production
- Responsible for planning strategies for maximum yield, organising farm administration, working machinery, organising associated businesses and managing staff.
- Display technical and practical competence, as well as the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Understands the various irrigation systems and manage for optimum efficiency
- Demonstrate new agricultural discoveries to staff and farm communities
- Manage relationships with government officials, regulatory bodies, community leaders and Farmers
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters
- Practical activities, e.g. driving tractors, operating machinery, spraying fields, etc.
- Planning, organising and managing the activities of a farm
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of crop yield
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans
- Making sure that products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets
- Ensuring that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Maintaining knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Keeping financial records up to date
- Prepare annual farm plan, goals and objectives
- Setting budget and production targets
- Keeping records of crops
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff for crop infection and disease
Minimum 5 years of work experience, with at least 3 years of experience developing and executing agricultural projects
- Agricultural Extension Services
- Irrigation farming
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- Project Planning, Reporting & Control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to build and lead effective teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset
Deadline: 30 September 2018
Work location: Benin city, Nigeria with some travels to our other project sites in the Southeast Asia.
Illustration photo: Jojoba Nut (credits: Katja Schulz / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0))